The start of your career is a bit like a roller coaster ride, often filled with periods of excitement, enthusiasm, anticipation, frus-tration, discouragement and confusion. It helps to have someone support you when you need it. The Mentor Program can pro-vide you with time, resources and work-shops to support you with your profes-sional learning.
The Mentor Program is completely voluntary, so you can take advantage of as much or as little as you want. To get started, simply contact the Mentoring Committee, your Principal or the CTA (see reverse for contact information).
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF A MENTORING PARTNERSHIP:
- Questions answered quickly in a non-threatening manner
- Regular, timely support and suggestions
- Advice when you ask for it from an experienced peer
- Release time to discuss and work on professional growth
- Mutual collaboration and support
- Modeling of effective practice
- Professional feedback